Why Chimney Sweeping is So Important?
Although Chimney sweeping sounds simple, its actually a very detailed process requiring expert care to be done correctly, and also is key to maintaining your chimney and protecting your home and family.
Anytime you are using one of your vented appliances, stoves, fireplaces, furnaces outdoor grills etc, your chimney is working hard to keep all of the harmful substances safely contained and removed. But over time, debris such as creosote (a very hard and flammable residue that results from the unburned flue gasses settling inside your chimney) can build up leading to blockages, and worse dangerous chimney fires. A chimney fire can burn at temperatures of up to 2000 degrees, melting mortar, cracking flue tiles, and in severe cases catching fire to the combustible wood framing of a house. A well trained chimney sweep professional will thoroughly and safely scrub and remove all of the creosote and debris making your chimney safe and function properly reducing your chance for a fire to nearly 0.
Chimney sweeping as a service is a very affordable and very important part of your home maintenance that keeps you safe and in the long term saves you money.
The National Fire Protection Agency says that chimneys should be inspected annually and cleaned as needed. This ensures that the system is working properly and that you will be safe while enjoying your fireplace.
How we do it
When you choose ARC Chimney Sweeps of Panama City, FL to service your chimney, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best trained technicians in the area, a very thorough and clean job, and a state of the art chimney inspection with documentation of the whole process.
A couple pointers for before we arrive:
- Avoid fires for at least 24 hours before your appointment
- Please have any furniture and breakables at least 6 to 8 feet away from your fireplace
The whole process should take about an hour to complete, you can expect your technician to:
- Sweep your chimney flue
- Scrub your smoke chamber and smoke shelf with hand tools
- Check for any fire hazards
- Check for any water penetration points
- Give you a full written report of the appointment
- Inspect accessible portions of your chimney interior and exterior
- Inspect factory built units for cracks
- Sweep the firebox clear of any ash
- Check chimney liner for cracks gaps and missing mortar joints
Call ARC Chimney Sweeps of Panama City, FL today (850) 303-0353 to learn more, or to schedule an appointment!